How to find us | HD6 2RG
To find us – take the A6025 Brighouse to Elland Road and follow the brown Cromwell Bottom LNR tourist information signs. The car park is down the side of Oils Wells, a blue company board, where there is a public car park sign. It is suitable for wheelchairs. prams etc and as is usual in public car parks, no liability is accepted by CBWG or Calderdale MBC for loss or damage. Please follow the Parking sign.
HD6 2RG | GPS N18.104.22.168 W001.50.272
Our Visitor Centre
In 2022 we established a new Visitor Centre on the reserve and we very much welcome members of the public to visit us.
The Centre is open Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 10am -4pm. The following facilities are available:
- Toilets, including baby changing facilities
- Ramps for disabled/wheelchair access
- Information about the reserve, habitat and species
- Refreshments, including hot drinks/cold drinks, cakes, crisps, biscuits and ice creams
- Opportunity to browse and buy our publications
- Opportunity to add sightings from around the reserve
- Free car parking outside of the reserve compound is available
- Disabled access routes around the reserve are highlighted in the Maps and Guides section of this website.
There is no charge to enter the reserve and refreshments at the visitor centre are provided on a donation basis. This is is a vital source of income for us, as we use your donations to maintain and improve the reserve and feed our wildlife.
Currently we can only accept cash donations at the visitors centre or you can pay by card using our JustGiving page, accessed using the link below.
Our amazing bird viewing area
Visiting our wheelchair and pram friendly bird viewing area is a must when going to the nature reserve!
Click on the button below to view that page full of fabulous photos and information – then pop in to the Visitor Centre to report your findings in our Sightings Book!